Hernia Mesh Lawsuits
Lawsuit Settlement News provides up-to-date lawsuit news on all of the various hernia mesh litigations as well as various services to assist victims with getting the help they need during this difficult time. These services include: Lawsuit Pre-Settlement Funding Cash Advances, Corrective or Revision Surgery Procedure Funding (or cash needs related to your surgery), and Attorney Referrals to Nationally recognized Transvaginal Mesh and Bladder Sling lawyers and law firms.
Hernia Mesh Cases
There are three major types of hernia cases; the first one are the Patches cases where the mesh is designed to go over or under the weakened or damaged tissue. The second one are the Plug cases which fit inside of the hole in the tissue. The third are Sheets cases which can be but to fitted for the patient’s specific hernia.
Those cases may fall into other categories that describe the material of the mesh and the bodily function. Those categories include the following:
- Absorbable Hernia Mesh
- Non-Absorbable Hernia Mesh
- Synthetic Hernia Mesh
- Coated or Composite Hernia Mesh
- Animal Derived Hernia Mesh
Each of these cases have various side effects and symptoms from the original implant of the mesh. However, once a victim has identified an issue with their mesh through documented doctor visits, it then becomes very confusing as to which mesh maker’s product and which individual device was implanted. They then must see if the particular product has been the subject of a recall and/or a lawsuit. What is worse for the victim is trying to locate these records and trying to find a law firm that will assist them with ascertaining if they have a viable lawsuit.
Many complications related to hernia repair with surgical mesh that have been reported to the FDA have been associated with recalled mesh products that are no longer on the market. Pain, infection, recurrence, adhesion, obstruction, and perforation are the most common complications associated with recalled mesh.
Hernia Mesh Side Effects
- Pain and Internal Infections
- Mesh detachment and migration
- Puncture of adjacent tissue/organs
- Adhesion to other organs or tissue from scar tissue formation
- Bowel obstruction
- The formation of fistulas
- Blood in urine
Hernia Mesh Manufactures (With Specific Hernia Mesh Lines)
- Aspide-SurgiMesh WN, SurgiMesh XB
- Atrium-C-QUR, ProLoop
- Ethicon-Physiomesh Comp, Prolene hernia System, Prolene 3D plug, Proceed Surgical Patch, proceed Ventral Patch
- Bard-Perfix Plug, Kugel, 3D Max, Ventralex, Composix, Sepramesh, Sepramesh IP Composite, Ventrio, Marlex, Generic Bard Mesh, Ventralight ST, Visilex, Supermatex
- Covidien-parientene, Parietex, Anatomic, Optimized Composite, Easegrip, Flat Sheet 2D/3D Weave, Folding Mesh, Parastomal, Plug and Patch, Permacol, Suripro
- Gore-Dulamesh, Dulamesh Plus
Settlement News and Jury Verdict Victories for Hernia Mesh Cases
- Johnson & Johnson (2016) – $120 Million Settlement
- Johnson & Johnson (2016) - $13.7 Million Settlement
- Johnson & Johnson (2017) - $20 Million Settlement
- R. Bard (2018) - $68 Million Settlement